Thursday, June 25, 2009

Start-Up & First Post

Hello Everyone!
My name is Elizabeth Doll, and I'll be one of your two administrators. I've done all of the design side of this website, so if you have any technical problems, please let me know! This blog was inspired partly by Alex and Brett Harris' book, "Do Hard Things", and also by Reagan's Facebook group on modesty. Since we had such an insightful discussion on this during small group time at youth group, I figured it couldn't hurt to have an outside place to discuss things. For right now, Reagan and I are the admins... even if Reagan doesn't know it yet! If this place attracts enough members *crosses fingers* I'll look at adding more mods/admins. I may post news stories relating to modesty, and ask for opinions. I might include also include a poll, or, with summer coming up, pictures! You can e-mail me at: bookwormdoll@comcast.net if you would like to be a model for modesty. For right now I'll just ask a few questions.

1. What would you like to see from a website like mine?

2. Would you enjoy a forum or live chat?

3. Would you mind politically minded articles?

4. Would you enjoy a scheduled day of fun for all the members to get together?

Until next time,
Elizabeth (Admin)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kewl idea but as far as political articles...i think that you should mention things of that kind that are important but i suggest not putting full articles stating your view on polical points. i don't put any policital views on my facebook (or any views) because I don't want to be viewed as biased. i don't pick republican over democrat or vice versa because honestly, each side has goods and bads and i don't think it's right to just go with one. trust me, once you get a lot of suscribers and you put up a political issue with your view, it will be a very heated discussion over the internet (like Whoopi and Elisabeth on the View)and will be drawing away from the main focus of this blog. in short...make a new blog for political-ness and keep this blog solely for modesty topics